Many of my executive coaching clients are already successful, performing complex senior-level roles. They work with me because they are looking for fresh ideas, constructive challenge, and an empathic guide. I successfully work from the premise that the additional resources clients seek are already inside them.
My work with executive coaching clients focuses on the intersection of leadership and wellbeing. Clients make rapid progress against their coaching goals and demonstrate sustained behaviour change. Each programme involves tailored development for clients who are often:
- In a position of significant authority or are about to be promoted to a senior role. Programmes focus on equipping clients with the skills and self-awareness they need to handle their authority well, so that they use their position to create service improvements, and work effectively with established and demanding senior figures. Clients also benefit from development in handling senior-level alliances, resolving conflict and managing political agendas.
- Handling a significant workload or working in a complex environment. These clients need to develop a more sophisticated people-handling skillset. Programmes focus on equipping clients with an enhanced toolkit for leadership and influence, increased levels of emotional intelligence, and skills for managing their profile amid the complicated power dynamics which operate at the top of organisations.
- Technically excellent but haven’t developed their professional skills to the same extent as their knowledge base. What these clients have to offer intellectually does not consistently translate into behaviours which build their profile in their organisation; nor do they gain the level of influence and sustained connection they want with their clients, peers and seniors. These programmes focus on equipping clients with greater self-awareness and a greater range of inter-personal options so that they can gain the promotions and have the impact their ideas merit.
Each programme is bespoke. Following a no-obligation call to explore the outcomes my client wants from coaching, I write a tailored programme outline detailing the objectives and process of the programme. Specific objectives could include:
- Improving your effectiveness in your role but with less personal wear and tear.
- Transforming areas of challenge in your working life into areas of skill.
- Reducing the level of strain you experience at work.
- Creating greater self-confidence and self-belief as you establish and maintain credibility with demanding senior figures or clients.
- Improving your leadership and emotional intelligence skills.
- Enhancing your level of resilience under pressure.
- Providing you with greater options for handling political or adversarial agendas.
- Developing your suite of influencing skills so that you can select the most productive approach with each of the opinion formers in your organisation.
- Providing you with additional know-how when handling senior-level power dynamics.
- Increasing the options available to you for resolving conflicts.
- Developing your toolkit for holding under-performing team members to account.
If you would like to explore coaching further, or arrange a no-obligation call, use this contact form.